weird analysis group behavior

Ryan M. Lefever
I have several passes and an analysis group Z.  Below I've listed the
passes and they're important properties

                        Transitively Implements
Pass Requires Requires Preserves Z
---- -------- ------------ --------- ----------
A - - all no
B - A all no
C - A, B all no
D - - all yes
E - - all yes
F Z B, C all no
G B, F - none no

In addition, D is the default implementation of Z.  If I want to run the
whole chain, using the default implementation of Z, then I just call
"opt -G"  The -G option causes A, B, C, D (the default implementation of
Z), and F to be run because of the dependencies.  I would like to be
able to specify with the -G option, a specific implementation of Z that
I want run.  So, I tried calling "opt -E -G" While it does cause E to
get run, D also gets run and D is the implementation of Z that F uses.
However, if I call "opt -A -E -G" or "opt -B -E -G" or "opt -C -E -G"
then E will get run and F will use the E implementation of Z.  Can
someone explain why I'm getting this behavior and why I can't simply
call "opt -E -G"

Regards,
Ryan