using a SCEV

Dan Gohman
Hello,

If I have a value with a SCEV for which the hasComputableLoopEvolution
member function returns true for a given loop, is there a way to construct
the value one or more iterations ahead in the loop? I guess I can dyn_cast
the SCEV down to each of the various subclasses and construct these values
myself for each one, but I'm wondering if there's something I missed.

Thanks,

Dan

--
Dan Gohman, Cray Inc. <[hidden email]>

Re: using a SCEV

Chris Lattner
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Dan Gohman wrote:
> If I have a value with a SCEV for which the hasComputableLoopEvolution
> member function returns true for a given loop, is there a way to construct
> the value one or more iterations ahead in the loop? I guess I can dyn_cast
> the SCEV down to each of the various subclasses and construct these values
> myself for each one, but I'm wondering if there's something I missed.

Yeah, unfortunately, that's the only way to do it.  I'd suggest making
this a helper function somewhere, it sounds like a generally useful
routine, e.g. for dependence analysis.