-ltinfo and -lz causing problems

Frank Winter
On a particular system I am trying to link my application to the LLVM
library
and it can't find -ltinfo and -lz. The former is part of ncurses (build
with term-
info). Building ncurses for this system in user space turns out to be not
straight-forward (haven't succeeded so far).

In LLVM, is there a way to turn the need for -ltinfo and -lz off?

Frank

Re: -ltinfo and -lz causing problems

Will Dietz
CMake has options LLVM_ENABLE_TERMINFO and LLVM_ENABLE_ZLIB, I believe
if you disable them you'll get LLVM w/o those dependencies, although
haven't tried it.

~Will

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Frank Winter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On a particular system I am trying to link my application to the LLVM
> library
> and it can't find -ltinfo and -lz. The former is part of ncurses (build with
> term-
> info). Building ncurses for this system in user space turns out to be not
> straight-forward (haven't succeeded so far).
>
> In LLVM, is there a way to turn the need for -ltinfo and -lz off?
>
> Frank

Re: -ltinfo and -lz causing problems

liuml07
Configure with the --enable-terminfo=no to disable this dependency. It works at my machine.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Will Dietz <[hidden email]> wrote:
CMake has options LLVM_ENABLE_TERMINFO and LLVM_ENABLE_ZLIB, I believe
if you disable them you'll get LLVM w/o those dependencies, although
haven't tried it.

~Will

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Frank Winter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On a particular system I am trying to link my application to the LLVM
> library
> and it can't find -ltinfo and -lz. The former is part of ncurses (build with
> term-
> info). Building ncurses for this system in user space turns out to be not
> straight-forward (haven't succeeded so far).
>
> In LLVM, is there a way to turn the need for -ltinfo and -lz off?
>
> Frank

Mingliang LIU (刘明亮 in Chinese)

PACMAN Group,  Tsinghua University
Email: [hidden email]