llvm license/GPL

Davi Santos
Hello,
I am trying to understand the licenses around LLVM ecosystem as described in:

I couldn't figure out if I can write a compiler using the OCaML bindings and redistribute it as GPL.
It seems like I can, due to the antivirality of UIUC.
It would be also good if the Kaleidoskope example came with using terms, hopefully in public domain. :)

cheers

Re: llvm license/GPL

Joerg Sonnenberger
Add normal disclaimer about only taking legal advice from your lawyer
here.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 06:50:37PM -0300, Davi Santos wrote:
> I couldn't figure out if I can write a compiler using the OCaML bindings
> and redistribute it as GPL.

The LLVM license doesn't make any claim on the license of your code. You
have to honour at as far as the LLVM libraries themselve are concerned,
e.g. preserve the copyright statements. The license is GPL compatible,
so you think link your own code to the LLVM libraries, even if your code
is under GPL.

Joerg