llvm-gfortran ?

Seung Jae Lee
Is there any plan to make the front-end for Fortran code in the future?

Thanks,
Seung Jae Lee

Re: llvm-gfortran ?

Bill Wendling
On Jul 18, 2007, at 7:39 PM, Seung Jae Lee wrote:

> Is there any plan to make the front-end for Fortran code in the
> future?

There is no formal plan to do so. The standard response is that
submissions are welcome. :-)

-bw

Re: llvm-gfortran ?

Owen Anderson-2
On Jul 18, 2007, at 7:39 PM, Seung Jae Lee wrote:

> Is there any plan to make the front-end for Fortran code in the
> future?

I don't think anyone is working on it now, but once llvm-gcc-4.2 is
ready to go, adding gfortran support to that should be feasible for
an interested hacker.

--Owen

Re: llvm-gfortran ?

Duncan Sands
> Is there any plan to make the front-end for Fortran code in the future?

It seemed too hard to get fortran working in llvm-gcc-4.0, and it was
generally agreed that fortran support, like Ada support, should wait for
llvm-gcc-4.2.  Now that llvm-gcc-4.2 is here (but not working), it
shouldn't be too hard to get fortran working.  I may give it a go at
some point.

Ciao,

Duncan.