[llvm-dev] using llvm-mc

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev
Hi,
I'm trying to assemble a .S file written in assembly using the llvm-mc utility. The file has a #include C preprocessor directive that seems to be ignored by llvm-mc. Is there any way to instruct llvm-mc to not ignore it?

Thanks.

Re: [llvm-dev] using llvm-mc

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev

llvm-mc doesn’t include a C preprocessor; if you need that, use clang.

-Eli

I'm trying to assemble a .S file written in assembly using the llvm-mc utility. The file has a #include C preprocessor directive that seems to be ignored by llvm-mc. Is there any way to instruct llvm-mc to not ignore it?

Thanks.

Re: [llvm-dev] using llvm-mc

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev
To elaborate on Eli's answer:

llvm doesn't have a "gas" equivalent, but instead have focused on
using clang to do the assembly itself similarly to how you would use
gcc to do the same thing.

-eric

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:50 PM Josh Sharp via llvm-dev