[llvm-dev] libFuzzer signal handling tests

[llvm-dev] libFuzzer signal handling tests

Tom Stellard via llvm-dev
Hi,

Now that we include libFuzzer tests into check-all we might want to take another look at flaky ones.

For us, sigusr.test and merge-sigusr.test tend to fail every now and then.
Those tests send a signal to a fuzzing target which sleeps for 1 second on every invocation,
and check that the signal is processed and sigaction callback runs within 2 seconds.

In my understanding there’s no guarantee that the signal would be handled within 2 seconds.
I’m marking them as unsupported on Darwin,
but I’m surprised that there aren’t similar issues on Linux.
Could they be rewritten in a more stable way [I’m really not sure how] or removed altogether?

George