[llvm-dev] how to enable exceptions for one component

[llvm-dev] how to enable exceptions for one component

Jeremy Morse via llvm-dev

I’d like to enable exceptions for a single target-specific LLVM component which is built as library. That is, I’d like to allow it to throw exceptions to its (non-LLVM) client to signal errors. In the CMakeLists.txt for the component, I tried:

add_llvm_component_library(LLVMTargetLibrary

  TargetFile1.cpp

  TargetFile2.cpp

  )

set_property(TARGET LLVMTargetLibrary PROPERTY LLVM_ENABLE_EH ON)

But it still compiles with –fno-exceptions.

Thanks for any advice.

-Alan