[llvm-dev] force linker to load symbols from archive (8.a) , even application does not use them explicitly

[llvm-dev] force linker to load symbols from archive (8.a) , even application does not use them explicitly

Tsur Herman via llvm-dev

Hello,

I want to force the linker to load all the symbols (object files) related to specific archive (.a) even though the application does not use them explicitly.

(In similar in gnu linker the option for the linker will be –whole-archive, or in diab –A ).

System is 64bit.

Re,

Yehuda Marko

[hidden email] +972544373003

ScaleIL

fb-cover-6221-3464467

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that is confidential and proprietary to ScaleIL. All unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: [llvm-dev] force linker to load symbols from archive (8.a) , even application does not use them explicitly

Tsur Herman via llvm-dev
Hi,

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 1:37 PM yehuda marko via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I want to force the linker to load all the symbols (object files) related to specific archive (.a) even though the application does not use them explicitly.

(In similar in gnu linker the option for the linker will be –whole-archive, or in diab –A ).

It seems that your question relates to the linker, are you asking about lld? lld supports the --whole-archive flag as well I believe.

If your question is not about lld, can you clarify what you're looking for exactly?

Best,

--
Mehdi

image001.jpg (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [llvm-dev] force linker to load symbols from archive (8.a) , even application does not use them explicitly

Tsur Herman via llvm-dev

Hello ,

The linker is ldarm64.EXE

The llvm version is 3.8.1.1

/llvm-3.8.1.1/WIN32/bin/ldarm64.EXE

Re,

Yehuda Marko

[hidden email] +972544373003

ScaleIL

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that is confidential and proprietary to ScaleIL. All unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: [llvm-dev] force linker to load symbols from archive (8.a) , even application does not use them explicitly

Tsur Herman via llvm-dev
I've not heard of that linker before and it is very difficult to find
any links to what it is via a search. The best I can come up with is a
link to C:/WindRiver/compilers/llvm-3.8.1.1/WIN32/bin/ldarm64 from a
search for windriver ldarm64, unfortunately the link redirects me to a
page that tells me I need a login.

I think it will be worth finding out what ldarm64 is. It could be a
WindRiver proprietary linker, if it is then you'll most likely need to
ask the supplier? If it is just lld renamed then --whole-archive
should be supported in the 3.8 timeframe. It is worth mentioning that
LLD didn't ship in the 3.8 release though, so I think the proprietary
linker is more likely.

Peter

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:50 AM yehuda marko <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello ,

The linker is ldarm64.EXE

The llvm version is 3.8.1.1

/llvm-3.8.1.1/WIN32/bin/ldarm64.EXE

I would check with the vendor who provided you with this toolchain and linker. This does not seem to me to be directly related to the LLVM open-source project.

Best,

--
Mehdi

Re,