[llvm-dev] XRay feature – pid reporting

Tim Northover via llvm-dev

Hello,

I’ve noticed that XRay does not report the PID in the trace log. Could this be added for multi-process support? (Maybe as a command line argument).

Thanks,

Henry

Re: [llvm-dev] XRay feature – pid reporting

Tim Northover via llvm-dev

> On 12 Jun 2018, at 07:49, Henry Zhu via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> I’ve noticed that XRay does not report the PID in the trace log. Could this be added for multi-process support? (Maybe as a command line argument).

We can certainly add the PID in the trace header. This will be a format change which will require a version increment, but we’ve done that before so it should be doable.

Do you have time to implement this feature? It will span LLVM and compiler-rt, but it should be straight-forward to do so.

Let me know and I’ll get you an example patch that did this for some of the changes we’ve done recently in this regard. Keith can also help as he’s worked on updating the FDR format in the past as well.

Cheers

-- Dean