[llvm-dev] SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up calls

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[llvm-dev] SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up calls

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Hi all,

Several people have expressed interest in having regular sync-up calls to follow the progress of ARM SVE/SVE2 support in LLVM.
With this effort picking up steam and multiple people contributing patches, regular sync-up calls would provide a platform to coordinate our efforts.

Items to discuss in these sync-up calls would include:
- SVE/SVE2 CodeGen support
- Adding support for C/C++ intrinsics interface (ACLE)
- Strengthening support for scalable vectors in LLVM IR.
- Auto-vectorization for scalable vectors.
- Anything else related to (optimizing code for) SVE/SVE2

Similar to the other sync-up calls, we can share the agenda/minutes openly on the mailing list here so that it remains inclusive to anyone wanting to get involved. I'm new to organising something like this, so if you have any advice, I'm open to suggestions!

I've created a Doodle poll to pick a date/time for a first sync-up next week: https://doodle.com/poll/ecc73ditrqbhh9re (this proposes some preliminary slots that seem convenient for both UK/US timezones to include those who expressed interest. If you're in a different timezone and cannot attend, please let me know so we can try to mitigate that in some other way).

Please fill in the poll, reply to this thread or send me an email privately if you're interested in participating!

Thank you,

Sander
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/llvm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [llvm-dev] SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up calls

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Thanks to everyone who filled in the Doodle poll!

The first SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up call will be held on:
  Thursday 12 Dec, 4pm GMT / 8am PST

Please add your name and email address to the document linked below, so I can forward the meeting invite.
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SODSKta18QHofMaZIZWn1PIkieHQTqOGk3W1zu4fnjQ/edit?usp=sharing

I'll send out a proposed agenda in the coming days.

Thanks,

Sander

> On 3 Dec 2019, at 22:57, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Several people have expressed interest in having regular sync-up calls to follow the progress of ARM SVE/SVE2 support in LLVM.
> With this effort picking up steam and multiple people contributing patches, regular sync-up calls would provide a platform to coordinate our efforts.
>
> Items to discuss in these sync-up calls would include:
> - SVE/SVE2 CodeGen support
> - Adding support for C/C++ intrinsics interface (ACLE)
> - Strengthening support for scalable vectors in LLVM IR.
> - Auto-vectorization for scalable vectors.
> - Anything else related to (optimizing code for) SVE/SVE2
>
> Similar to the other sync-up calls, we can share the agenda/minutes openly on the mailing list here so that it remains inclusive to anyone wanting to get involved. I'm new to organising something like this, so if you have any advice, I'm open to suggestions!
>
> I've created a Doodle poll to pick a date/time for a first sync-up next week: https://doodle.com/poll/ecc73ditrqbhh9re (this proposes some preliminary slots that seem convenient for both UK/US timezones to include those who expressed interest. If you're in a different timezone and cannot attend, please let me know so we can try to mitigate that in some other way).
>
> Please fill in the poll, reply to this thread or send me an email privately if you're interested in participating!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Sander

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/llvm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [llvm-dev] SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up calls

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Thanks to all who attended last week's SVE/SVE2 sync-up meeting!

The next meeting will be on Thursday, January 9th, at 5pm GMT / 9am PST.

I've created the agenda for the next meeting here:
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/17GqhBZaADtnDlDL3L4wWqcMd0qvfzB-VEe_ntodgYjA
(If you want to attend, please add your name, email and organisation to the list referenced in the document above so I can include you in the invite).

The minutes from last week's sync-up can be found here (thanks Kristof!).
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HSEVqwSHuC1W4h4At3DY980os244GXzCUeRQV6x8VZU
If there are any inaccuracies in the minutes, please feel free to fix them!

In the meeting we discussed creating a separate document that allows us to better coordinate our efforts and to have a collated list of open SVE/SVE2 patches on Phabricator. I'll try to keep this list up-to-date!
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ph1l1KhrrHgBlrKeEnuoIPrVO9jTjHvcwUlz61QWNMA

Cheers,

Sander

> On 5 Dec 2019, at 22:44, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks to everyone who filled in the Doodle poll!
>
> The first SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up call will be held on:
>  Thursday 12 Dec, 4pm GMT / 8am PST
>
> Please add your name and email address to the document linked below, so I can forward the meeting invite.
>  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SODSKta18QHofMaZIZWn1PIkieHQTqOGk3W1zu4fnjQ/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I'll send out a proposed agenda in the coming days.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sander
>> On 3 Dec 2019, at 22:57, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Several people have expressed interest in having regular sync-up calls to follow the progress of ARM SVE/SVE2 support in LLVM.
>> With this effort picking up steam and multiple people contributing patches, regular sync-up calls would provide a platform to coordinate our efforts.
>>
>> Items to discuss in these sync-up calls would include:
>> - SVE/SVE2 CodeGen support
>> - Adding support for C/C++ intrinsics interface (ACLE)
>> - Strengthening support for scalable vectors in LLVM IR.
>> - Auto-vectorization for scalable vectors.
>> - Anything else related to (optimizing code for) SVE/SVE2
>>
>> Similar to the other sync-up calls, we can share the agenda/minutes openly on the mailing list here so that it remains inclusive to anyone wanting to get involved. I'm new to organising something like this, so if you have any advice, I'm open to suggestions!
>>
>> I've created a Doodle poll to pick a date/time for a first sync-up next week: https://doodle.com/poll/ecc73ditrqbhh9re (this proposes some preliminary slots that seem convenient for both UK/US timezones to include those who expressed interest. If you're in a different timezone and cannot attend, please let me know so we can try to mitigate that in some other way).
>>
>> Please fill in the poll, reply to this thread or send me an email privately if you're interested in participating!
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Sander
>

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/llvm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [llvm-dev] SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up calls

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Hi all

Is there any other time slot that suit for everyone?
Current meeting is at 1 a.m. for GMT+8 time zone, that is very unfriendly to developers in Taiwan.  
 
Thanks.

Sander De Smalen via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> 於 2019年12月16日 週一 下午10:48寫道:
Thanks to all who attended last week's SVE/SVE2 sync-up meeting!

The next meeting will be on Thursday, January 9th, at 5pm GMT / 9am PST.

I've created the agenda for the next meeting here:
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/17GqhBZaADtnDlDL3L4wWqcMd0qvfzB-VEe_ntodgYjA
(If you want to attend, please add your name, email and organisation to the list referenced in the document above so I can include you in the invite).

The minutes from last week's sync-up can be found here (thanks Kristof!).
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HSEVqwSHuC1W4h4At3DY980os244GXzCUeRQV6x8VZU
If there are any inaccuracies in the minutes, please feel free to fix them!

In the meeting we discussed creating a separate document that allows us to better coordinate our efforts and to have a collated list of open SVE/SVE2 patches on Phabricator. I'll try to keep this list up-to-date!
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ph1l1KhrrHgBlrKeEnuoIPrVO9jTjHvcwUlz61QWNMA

Cheers,

Sander
> On 5 Dec 2019, at 22:44, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks to everyone who filled in the Doodle poll!
>
> The first SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up call will be held on:
>  Thursday 12 Dec, 4pm GMT / 8am PST
>
> Please add your name and email address to the document linked below, so I can forward the meeting invite.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SODSKta18QHofMaZIZWn1PIkieHQTqOGk3W1zu4fnjQ/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I'll send out a proposed agenda in the coming days.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sander
>> On 3 Dec 2019, at 22:57, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Several people have expressed interest in having regular sync-up calls to follow the progress of ARM SVE/SVE2 support in LLVM.
>> With this effort picking up steam and multiple people contributing patches, regular sync-up calls would provide a platform to coordinate our efforts.
>>
>> Items to discuss in these sync-up calls would include:
>> - SVE/SVE2 CodeGen support
>> - Adding support for C/C++ intrinsics interface (ACLE)
>> - Strengthening support for scalable vectors in LLVM IR.
>> - Auto-vectorization for scalable vectors.
>> - Anything else related to (optimizing code for) SVE/SVE2
>>
>> Similar to the other sync-up calls, we can share the agenda/minutes openly on the mailing list here so that it remains inclusive to anyone wanting to get involved. I'm new to organising something like this, so if you have any advice, I'm open to suggestions!
>>
>> I've created a Doodle poll to pick a date/time for a first sync-up next week: https://doodle.com/poll/ecc73ditrqbhh9re (this proposes some preliminary slots that seem convenient for both UK/US timezones to include those who expressed interest. If you're in a different timezone and cannot attend, please let me know so we can try to mitigate that in some other way).
>>
>> Please fill in the poll, reply to this thread or send me an email privately if you're interested in participating!
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Sander
>

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/llvm-dev


--
Best regards,
Kuan-Hsu



_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/llvm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [llvm-dev] SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up calls

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Hi Zakk,

If others are happy to move it two hours earlier that would be fine with me, but I think it will be difficult to find a slot that works for everyone across the variety of timezones. I can bring this up again in the next meeting though.

Thanks,

Sander

> On 20 Dec 2019, at 09:32, Zakk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> Is there any other time slot that suit for everyone?
> Current meeting is at 1 a.m. for GMT+8 time zone, that is very unfriendly to developers in Taiwan.  
>  
> Thanks.
>
> Sander De Smalen via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> 於 2019年12月16日 週一 下午10:48寫道:
> Thanks to all who attended last week's SVE/SVE2 sync-up meeting!
>
> The next meeting will be on Thursday, January 9th, at 5pm GMT / 9am PST.
>
> I've created the agenda for the next meeting here:
>   https://docs.google.com/document/d/17GqhBZaADtnDlDL3L4wWqcMd0qvfzB-VEe_ntodgYjA
> (If you want to attend, please add your name, email and organisation to the list referenced in the document above so I can include you in the invite).
>
> The minutes from last week's sync-up can be found here (thanks Kristof!).
>   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HSEVqwSHuC1W4h4At3DY980os244GXzCUeRQV6x8VZU
> If there are any inaccuracies in the minutes, please feel free to fix them!
>
> In the meeting we discussed creating a separate document that allows us to better coordinate our efforts and to have a collated list of open SVE/SVE2 patches on Phabricator. I'll try to keep this list up-to-date!
>   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ph1l1KhrrHgBlrKeEnuoIPrVO9jTjHvcwUlz61QWNMA
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sander
> > On 5 Dec 2019, at 22:44, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks to everyone who filled in the Doodle poll!
> >
> > The first SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up call will be held on:
> >  Thursday 12 Dec, 4pm GMT / 8am PST
> >
> > Please add your name and email address to the document linked below, so I can forward the meeting invite.
> >  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SODSKta18QHofMaZIZWn1PIkieHQTqOGk3W1zu4fnjQ/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> > I'll send out a proposed agenda in the coming days.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sander
> >> On 3 Dec 2019, at 22:57, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Several people have expressed interest in having regular sync-up calls to follow the progress of ARM SVE/SVE2 support in LLVM.
> >> With this effort picking up steam and multiple people contributing patches, regular sync-up calls would provide a platform to coordinate our efforts.
> >>
> >> Items to discuss in these sync-up calls would include:
> >> - SVE/SVE2 CodeGen support
> >> - Adding support for C/C++ intrinsics interface (ACLE)
> >> - Strengthening support for scalable vectors in LLVM IR.
> >> - Auto-vectorization for scalable vectors.
> >> - Anything else related to (optimizing code for) SVE/SVE2
> >>
> >> Similar to the other sync-up calls, we can share the agenda/minutes openly on the mailing list here so that it remains inclusive to anyone wanting to get involved. I'm new to organising something like this, so if you have any advice, I'm open to suggestions!
> >>
> >> I've created a Doodle poll to pick a date/time for a first sync-up next week: https://doodle.com/poll/ecc73ditrqbhh9re (this proposes some preliminary slots that seem convenient for both UK/US timezones to include those who expressed interest. If you're in a different timezone and cannot attend, please let me know so we can try to mitigate that in some other way).
> >>
> >> Please fill in the poll, reply to this thread or send me an email privately if you're interested in participating!
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >>
> >> Sander
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> LLVM Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/llvm-dev
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kuan-Hsu
>
>

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/llvm-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [llvm-dev] SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up calls

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Tomorrow's SVE/SVE2 sync-up meeting will be at 3pm GMT / 7am PST; we've moved the slot earlier to accommodate for people in other timezones.

Details for the meeting invite can be found here:
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/17GqhBZaADtnDlDL3L4wWqcMd0qvfzB-VEe_ntodgYjA

Cheers,

Sander

> On 6 Jan 2020, at 17:14, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Zakk,
>
> If others are happy to move it two hours earlier that would be fine with me, but I think it will be difficult to find a slot that works for everyone across the variety of timezones. I can bring this up again in the next meeting though.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sander
>> On 20 Dec 2019, at 09:32, Zakk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Is there any other time slot that suit for everyone?
>> Current meeting is at 1 a.m. for GMT+8 time zone, that is very unfriendly to developers in Taiwan.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Sander De Smalen via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> 於 2019年12月16日 週一 下午10:48寫道:
>> Thanks to all who attended last week's SVE/SVE2 sync-up meeting!
>>
>> The next meeting will be on Thursday, January 9th, at 5pm GMT / 9am PST.
>>
>> I've created the agenda for the next meeting here:
>>  https://docs.google.com/document/d/17GqhBZaADtnDlDL3L4wWqcMd0qvfzB-VEe_ntodgYjA
>> (If you want to attend, please add your name, email and organisation to the list referenced in the document above so I can include you in the invite).
>>
>> The minutes from last week's sync-up can be found here (thanks Kristof!).
>>  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HSEVqwSHuC1W4h4At3DY980os244GXzCUeRQV6x8VZU
>> If there are any inaccuracies in the minutes, please feel free to fix them!
>>
>> In the meeting we discussed creating a separate document that allows us to better coordinate our efforts and to have a collated list of open SVE/SVE2 patches on Phabricator. I'll try to keep this list up-to-date!
>>  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ph1l1KhrrHgBlrKeEnuoIPrVO9jTjHvcwUlz61QWNMA
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Sander
>>> On 5 Dec 2019, at 22:44, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks to everyone who filled in the Doodle poll!
>>>
>>> The first SVE/SVE2 LLVM sync-up call will be held on:
>>> Thursday 12 Dec, 4pm GMT / 8am PST
>>>
>>> Please add your name and email address to the document linked below, so I can forward the meeting invite.
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SODSKta18QHofMaZIZWn1PIkieHQTqOGk3W1zu4fnjQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> I'll send out a proposed agenda in the coming days.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Sander
>>>> On 3 Dec 2019, at 22:57, Sander De Smalen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> Several people have expressed interest in having regular sync-up calls to follow the progress of ARM SVE/SVE2 support in LLVM.
>>>> With this effort picking up steam and multiple people contributing patches, regular sync-up calls would provide a platform to coordinate our efforts.
>>>>
>>>> Items to discuss in these sync-up calls would include:
>>>> - SVE/SVE2 CodeGen support
>>>> - Adding support for C/C++ intrinsics interface (ACLE)
>>>> - Strengthening support for scalable vectors in LLVM IR.
>>>> - Auto-vectorization for scalable vectors.
>>>> - Anything else related to (optimizing code for) SVE/SVE2
>>>>
>>>> Similar to the other sync-up calls, we can share the agenda/minutes openly on the mailing list here so that it remains inclusive to anyone wanting to get involved. I'm new to organising something like this, so if you have any advice, I'm open to suggestions!
>>>>
>>>> I've created a Doodle poll to pick a date/time for a first sync-up next week: https://doodle.com/poll/ecc73ditrqbhh9re (this proposes some preliminary slots that seem convenient for both UK/US timezones to include those who expressed interest. If you're in a different timezone and cannot attend, please let me know so we can try to mitigate that in some other way).
>>>>
>>>> Please fill in the poll, reply to this thread or send me an email privately if you're interested in participating!
>>>>
>>>> Thank you,
>>>>
>>>> Sander
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> LLVM Developers mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/llvm-dev
>>
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Kuan-Hsu
>>
>>
>

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/llvm-dev