[llvm-dev] Removing things from llvm.used

[llvm-dev] Removing things from llvm.used

Alberto Barbaro via llvm-dev
What's the proper way to remove something from llvm.used?  I tried RAUW
undef but that did not go over well.  :)  Is it best to delete it and
re-create it with only the remaining items?

                         -David

Re: [llvm-dev] Removing things from llvm.used

Alberto Barbaro via llvm-dev

> On Nov 28, 2018, at 2:30 PM, David Greene via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What's the proper way to remove something from llvm.used?  I tried RAUW
> undef but that did not go over well.  :)

Generally you shouldn’t do so: attribute((used)) means that a declaration is used in a way that is unknown to the compiler, so the compiler should keep the thing around unchanged.

> Is it best to delete it and
> re-create it with only the remaining items?

Yes, that would be the correct way to update the list.