[llvm-dev] Register Rematerialization

Tim Northover via llvm-dev
Hi ,

There was an old discussion
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-December/107747.html about
extending register materialization to work on a sequence of
instructions.

Is this still an open issue? or the re-materialization logic now is
extended already?

Thanks,
Ahmed

Re: [llvm-dev] Register Rematerialization

Tim Northover via llvm-dev
Still an open issue :).

> Hi ,
>
> There was an old discussion
> http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-December/107747.html about
> extending register materialization to work on a sequence of instructions.
>
> Is this still an open issue? or the re-materialization logic now is extended
> already?
>
> Thanks,
> Ahmed

Re: [llvm-dev] Register Rematerialization

Tim Northover via llvm-dev
 Nirav and I attempted this as project in university class.
 I can dig some more details. Only thing I remember is that we had  slightly modified the llvm to capture few examples were this can be helpful and run on LLVM's free test suite. However we did not get any example.
I think libraries which involves long and complex maths will be good candidate for this.
Also some graphics workload will also have some examples of this.
-Vivek

Still an open issue :).