[llvm-dev] [RFC] Removing lld-link -msvclto option

[llvm-dev] [RFC] Removing lld-link -msvclto option

韩玉 via llvm-dev
Hi guys,

This is a proposal we remove /msvclto option which is a minor lld-only option from lld-link. That option was added as a hack to invoke MSVC link.exe from lld-link so that it let link.exe do LTO and generate PDB. I think we don't need that hack anymore because our LTO and PDB generation is complete.

I don't think there's a real use of the option, but if you have any concern, let me know. I'll remove the option if no one cares about it.

Thanks,
Rui