[llvm-dev] Question about MachineLocation

[llvm-dev] Question about MachineLocation

Finkel, Hal J. via llvm-dev
Hello,

My current understanding of the implementation of class MachineLocation is that it describes how an argument being passed to a function is represented -  it is available either in a register or in a stack frame (computed using SP and offset), and depending upon it IsRegister is either set to true or false. However, I doubt my understanding here. Can someone please clarify what exactly the MachineLocation represents?

Thanks,
Mahesha