[llvm-dev] New atomic handling status

Jonas Paulsson via llvm-dev
Hi,

What is the current status of the new atomic load/store lowering started in https://reviews.llvm.org/D69219? The main reason atomic stores currently don’t work in GlobalISel is because the operands for atomic store are backwards from a regular store. Can we invert the operand order of the pattern nodes yet? That would avoid the need to handle the special case in TableGen.

-Matt

Re: [llvm-dev] New atomic handling status

Jonas Paulsson via llvm-dev
In short, I hit a major stumbling block.  I hadn't account for the fact
that some atomic stores dependent on element type (float vs int for
instance) for legality.

I've also been pulled away from working on this.  We should probably
revert a bunch of the changes until I get a chance to restart this as it
will require a redo on the design anyways. (Note that default behavior
is not effected, this is all under a flag for the moment.)

Philip