[llvm-dev] Meetup/Social in India

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev
Hi Folks,

We are a group of LLVM compiler developers in Hyderabad area. Considering few previous mail about meetups in India, we are planning to organize LLVM meetups  in India evry monthly or bimonthly in the best interest of other developers. Based on the concentration of developers Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad are the location we have in mind. Interested folks please reply stating ur opinion/views on this.

Thanks,
Siddharth

Re: [llvm-dev] Meetup/Social in India

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev
Me too in Pune. Few questions:
1. How are going to manage expenses? Will it be fully participant-funded?
2. Meetup and Socials should be separate. Meetups could mean just hanging-out with devs over a cup of coffee whereas social should have formal agenda(keynote/talks/presentations etc.)
3. Frequency should be once in 6 months for socials. Monthly or bi-monthly may not be feasible for devs who are located remotely.

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 2:51 PM, Siddharth Bhat via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd be interested in attending and helping organise the Hyderabad meetup.

Cheers
Siddharth

On Wed 30 May, 2018, 14:32 Siddharth Shankar Swain via llvm-dev, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Folks,

We are a group of LLVM compiler developers in Hyderabad area. Considering few previous mail about meetups in India, we are planning to organize LLVM meetups  in India evry monthly or bimonthly in the best interest of other developers. Based on the concentration of developers Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad are the location we have in mind. Interested folks please reply stating ur opinion/views on this.

Thanks,
Siddharth

Disclaimer: Views, concerns, thoughts, questions, ideas expressed in this mail are of my own and my employer has no take in it.
Thank You.
Madhur D. Amilkanthwar

Re: [llvm-dev] Meetup/Social in India

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev

I will as well be interested in attending the meetup (in Hyderabad).
IMHO we can start with Meetup and select a city.

How are Meetups expenses generally handled elsewhere ?

Regards,
Pankaj

Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 14:59:21 +0530
From: Madhur Amilkanthwar via llvm-dev <[hidden email]>
To: Siddharth Bhat <[hidden email]>
Cc: Siddharth Shankar Swain <[hidden email]>,
    llvm-dev <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [llvm-dev] Meetup/Social in India

Me too in Pune. Few questions:
1. How are going to manage expenses? Will it be fully participant-funded?
2. Meetup and Socials should be separate. Meetups could mean just
hanging-out with devs over a cup of coffee whereas social should have
formal agenda(keynote/talks/presentations etc.)
3. Frequency should be once in 6 months for socials. Monthly or bi-monthly
may not be feasible for devs who are located remotely.

Re: [llvm-dev] Meetup/Social in India

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev

> On 31 May 2018, at 17:06, Pankaj Gode via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I will as well be interested in attending the meetup (in Hyderabad).
> IMHO we can start with Meetup and select a city.
>
> How are Meetups expenses generally handled elsewhere ?

We use meetup.com for the Sydney Meetup. I suspect asking Arnaud (current organiser, on behalf of the LLVM Foundation (https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/LLVM-Developers-Users-Meetup/members/227124883/)) to set one up for the various sites.

So far, it’s been really helpful to us here organising the events and having a good idea of attendees.

Cheers

-- Dean