[llvm-dev] Loop pass manager question (Legacy)

[llvm-dev] Loop pass manager question (Legacy)

Tim Northover via llvm-dev
Hi,

It seems that all the passes in a loop pass manager are run on a particular loop before moving on to the next loop. My question is regarding when non-preserved function analyses are recomputed.

Say my LPM has Pass1, Pass2. Pass2 requires a function analysis, A1, that Pass1 does not preserve.

Will A1 be computed for the entire function every time before Pass2 runs? Like if there are 10 loops, will A1 be computed 10 times?

Or can I only use analyses preserved by Pass1? In this situation would I have to split and create two loop pass managers?

--
Regards
Bhatu