[llvm-dev] LNT debuginfo-statistics not running?

[llvm-dev] LNT debuginfo-statistics not running?

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Hi llvm-dev@

LNT produces statistics and graphs (such as [0]) of debuginfo metrics,
such as number of source variables with locations. It looks like these
haven't run [1] since the move from svn to git -- are there any plans
to get these running again? I find it highly useful to identify what
commits have affected variable locations and how significant an
affect.

[0] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/graph?plot.0=1357.1607042.4
[1] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/machine/1357

Jeremy

Re: [llvm-dev] LNT debuginfo-statistics not running?

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Hi Jeremy,

I think as well that the LNT debuginfo-statistics is very useful,
and I will be happy if there is a plan for getting this running again.

In addition, I feel like mentioning that using the llvm-locstats
(https://llvm.org/docs/CommandGuide/llvm-locstats.html) helps me (during
the developing phase) in identifying if a change has significant impact
on debug location coverage.

Thanks,
Djordje

On 20.11.19. 11:12, Jeremy Morse via llvm-dev wrote:

> Hi llvm-dev@
>
> LNT produces statistics and graphs (such as [0]) of debuginfo metrics,
> such as number of source variables with locations. It looks like these
> haven't run [1] since the move from svn to git -- are there any plans
> to get these running again? I find it highly useful to identify what
> commits have affected variable locations and how significant an
> affect.
>
> [0] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/graph?plot.0=1357.1607042.4
> [1] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/machine/1357
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Re: [llvm-dev] LNT debuginfo-statistics not running?

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
The debug info statistics bot is triggered by this job: http://green.lab.llvm.org/green/job/clang-stage2-Rthinlto/ which unfortunately hasn't been green in a very long time (>1mo).

Alex/Azhar, do you know what's blocking that job?

-- adrian

> On Nov 20, 2019, at 9:46 AM, David Blaikie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +usual debug info folks (but I think in this case it's specifically Adrian/apple folks who might have some ownership here)
>
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 2:13 AM Jeremy Morse via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi llvm-dev@
>
> LNT produces statistics and graphs (such as [0]) of debuginfo metrics,
> such as number of source variables with locations. It looks like these
> haven't run [1] since the move from svn to git -- are there any plans
> to get these running again? I find it highly useful to identify what
> commits have affected variable locations and how significant an
> affect.
>
> [0] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/graph?plot.0=1357.1607042.4
> [1] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/machine/1357
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Re: [llvm-dev] LNT debuginfo-statistics not running?

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
We are trying to get it fixed soon. Lang Hames is currently looking into it.

> On Nov 20, 2019, at 10:20 AM, Adrian Prantl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The debug info statistics bot is triggered by this job: http://green.lab.llvm.org/green/job/clang-stage2-Rthinlto/ which unfortunately hasn't been green in a very long time (>1mo).
>
> Alex/Azhar, do you know what's blocking that job?
>
> -- adrian
>
>> On Nov 20, 2019, at 9:46 AM, David Blaikie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +usual debug info folks (but I think in this case it's specifically Adrian/apple folks who might have some ownership here)
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 2:13 AM Jeremy Morse via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi llvm-dev@
>>
>> LNT produces statistics and graphs (such as [0]) of debuginfo metrics,
>> such as number of source variables with locations. It looks like these
>> haven't run [1] since the move from svn to git -- are there any plans
>> to get these running again? I find it highly useful to identify what
>> commits have affected variable locations and how significant an
>> affect.
>>
>> [0] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/graph?plot.0=1357.1607042.4
>> [1] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/machine/1357
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Jeremy

Re: [llvm-dev] LNT debuginfo-statistics not running?

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Green dragon has been having a bad 2 days this week.
I’m still not sure what the status is, but I added Drew who’s monitoring the CI.

I started another build of this manually now, hopefully it will get you unblocked.

Thanks,
Alex

> On Nov 20, 2019, at 10:20 AM, Adrian Prantl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The debug info statistics bot is triggered by this job: http://green.lab.llvm.org/green/job/clang-stage2-Rthinlto/ which unfortunately hasn't been green in a very long time (>1mo).
>
> Alex/Azhar, do you know what's blocking that job?
>
> -- adrian
>
>> On Nov 20, 2019, at 9:46 AM, David Blaikie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +usual debug info folks (but I think in this case it's specifically Adrian/apple folks who might have some ownership here)
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 2:13 AM Jeremy Morse via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi llvm-dev@
>>
>> LNT produces statistics and graphs (such as [0]) of debuginfo metrics,
>> such as number of source variables with locations. It looks like these
>> haven't run [1] since the move from svn to git -- are there any plans
>> to get these running again? I find it highly useful to identify what
>> commits have affected variable locations and how significant an
>> affect.
>>
>> [0] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/graph?plot.0=1357.1607042.4
>> [1] http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/machine/1357
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Jeremy

Re: [llvm-dev] LNT debuginfo-statistics not running?

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
We finally managed to cleanup all the monorepo transition fallout on http://green.lab.llvm.org/green/view/LLDB/job/clang-3.4-debuginfo-statistics/ .

Results are stored in LNT at http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/machine/1362.
Go to New Results and then pick the latest run, and then choose of the detailed run-over-run metrics for a graph over time.

Historic pre-monorepo data at http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/nts/machine/1357

-- adrian

Re: [llvm-dev] LNT debuginfo-statistics not running?

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Nice!

Thanks,
Djordje