LLVM Weekly - #266, February 4th 2019
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the two hundred and sixty-sixth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <[hidden email]>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
LLVM 8.0.0 RC1 [is
# On the mailing lists
* Tim Northover has written an RFC on [supporting `arm64_32` for
This includes AArch64 ILP32 support and support for the custom ABI used to
allow armv7k IR to be compiled to be compatible with `arm64_32`.
* Tom Stellard started an RFC thread on [linear history vs merge
after migrating to git. This generated copious discussion.
* Simon Moll
RFC on adding native vector predication support to LLVM. It is accompanied by
a prototype implementation.
* Stephen Kelly [has revived the discussion on the use of auto in LLVM
* Vedant Kumar is [curious about the status of the function merging
* David Greene
that a much improved 'zipping' tool has been released, to help people migrate
their downstream repositories to the new combined git repo.
* Davide Italiano started an RFC thread on [the future of pexpect in
## LLVM commits
* The LLVM WebAssembly backend was updated to use the new exception handling
* RISC-V RV64F and RV64D codegen (single and double-precision floating point)
support was committed. [r352807](http://reviews.llvm.org/rL352807).
* New variadic avx512 compress/expand intrinsics were added.
* The SelectionDAG will now work to avoid re-ordering `DBG_VALUEs`.
* A new 'apple-latest' CPU alias was added.
* The in-tree gn build system gained a get.py script to download an use a
prebuilt gn. [r352420](http://reviews.llvm.org/rL352420).
* The .align directive now correctly inserts NOPs and the `R_RISCV_ALIGN`
relocation when appropriate for RISC-V.
* A 'dynamic' parameter was added to the objectsize intrinsic.
* A new FunctionCallee wrapper type was added.
## Clang commits
* A new `-fapply-gobal-visibility-to-externs` option was added.
* clangd implemented textDocument/declaration from the Language Server
Protocol 3.14. [r352864](http://reviews.llvm.org/rL352864).
* clangd gained new interfaces for writing "code tweaks".
## Other project commits
* The CoMD Classical Molecular Dynamics Mini-app was added to the LLVM test
suite. This is another DOE proxy app.
* libFuzzer gained a new experimental performance optimisation,
`lazy_counters` which is off by default.
* The LLD COFF linker supports range extension thunks for ARM64.
LLVM Developers mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|