LLVM Weekly - #226, Apr 30th 2018
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the two hundred and twenty-sixth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <[hidden email]>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
For those of you attending the Barcelona RISC-V Workshop May 7th-10th, be sure
to come along to [my short tutorial session on RISC-V
## News and articles from around the web
LLVM 6.0.1-rc1 [has been
Simon Brand has written a fantastic introductory blog post on [custom alias
analysis in LLVM](https://blog.tartanllama.xyz/llvm-alias-analysis/).
## On the mailing lists
* Simon Tatham is interested in contributing a [JSON backend for
providing a machine-readable alternative to -print-records. An initial patch
is already [up for review](https://reviews.llvm.org/D46054).
* Following on from his lightning talk at EuroLLVM, Kristof Beyls has shared a
[script for matching up open Phabricator reviews to potential
and is seeking feedback.
* The Google Summer of Code community bonding period is starting up. Welcome
will be working on LLDB-mi and to [Anastasis
who will be working on improving debugging of optimized code.
* Jin Lin has an RFC on [representing target device information in LLVM
IR](http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-April/122767.html), which is
needed for OpenMP backend outlining.
* George Rimar reports back on [current code coverage of the LLD (ELF)
* Danil Malyshev has been looking at the impact type-based alias analysis
(TBAA) on the LLVM test suite and [reports
* Ciro Ceissler shares news of the [HardCloud OpenMP
for offloading to FPGA accelerators.
## LLVM commits
* GlobalISel now has dedicated extended loads.
* A new AArch64 DAG combine will fold offsets into addresses in the case where
all users of the global address are of the form globaladdr + constant.
* The new CFIInserter pass is used to ensure correct dwarf unwind information
is emitted in the function epilogue. It is currently x86-only.
* The 'call' pseudoinstruction is now supported by the RISC-V MC layer.
* The MIPS backend gained support for the Virtualizations Application Specific
## Clang commits
* The `-Qn` option can be used to suppress the emission of llvm.ident compiler
version metadata. [r330575](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL330575).
* Clang gained a new warning for atomic accesses using libcalls (access to
misaligned locations or large values).
* Clangd now supports workspace/symbol requests.
## Other project commits
* An arena allocator was added to compiler-rt for use by XRay Profiling Mode.
* libcxx gained an `<experimental/simd>` implementation.
LLVM Developers mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|