[llvm-dev] Is anyone experienced writing Sphinx documentation?

[llvm-dev] Is anyone experienced writing Sphinx documentation?

George Karpenkov via llvm-dev
I've read through the docs, but honestly this is driving me crazy and I shouldn't have to fight this hard to just to write some documentation.

Here's the problem:

Look at llvm/docs/CommandGuide/FileCheck.rst

I want to add a table of contents that looks like this [http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html] to that file.  Nothing I've tried works.

(Also, no I'm not trying to add it in FileCheck.rst specifically, but rather in a new document that will be added to CommandGuide.  But if it works in FileCheck.rst, it should work in my new document)

Re: [llvm-dev] Is anyone experienced writing Sphinx documentation?

George Karpenkov via llvm-dev
Try adding this just above SYNOPSIS (I think you also need to leave a blank line above and below):

.. contents::
   :local:

hth...
don