[llvm-dev] How to get optimization remarks while testing with lnt in llvm

[llvm-dev] How to get optimization remarks while testing with lnt in llvm

Tim Northover via llvm-dev
Hi, I'm new to llvm and am trying to run benchmarks from the test-suite using lnt to check loop-vectorization for various benchmarks.

Test are compiling and executing fine, but I am not getting optimization remarks while using flags like -Rpass-missed=loop-vectorize and -Rpass-analysis=loop-vectorize

I've tried running it like this:

    lnt runtest test-suite --sandbox SANDBOX --cc /usr/local/bin/clang --test-suite ~/llvm_tests/llvm-test-suite/ --only-test SingleSource/UnitTests/Vectorizer/ --only-compile --use-lit ~/llvm/utils/lit/lit.py --cflag '-O3' --cflag '-fvectorize' --cflag '-Rpass-missed=loop-vectorize' --cflag '-Rpass-analysis=loop-vectorize' -j 70

This isn't causing any compilation fails, but I haven't been able to get the optimization remarks (either to terminal or to the logs). I've gone through all files generated in SANDBOX for the particular test (using grep to search for the remarks)

Is it possible to get optimization remarks at all? Or is there some other way to do this?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.