[llvm-dev] Flat Monorepo Prototype Not Updating

[llvm-dev] Flat Monorepo Prototype Not Updating

David Jones via llvm-dev
The monorepo prototype at https://github.com/llvm-project/llvm-project-20170507 is currently 9 hours behind.

I forget who’s responsible for the script(s) updating the monorepo(s), and it would be great if we can inform them of the state of the monorepo.

Cheers

-- Dean

Re: [llvm-dev] Flat Monorepo Prototype Not Updating

David Jones via llvm-dev
It was due to disk full. Sorry for inconvenience.

Inspecting git repos emits too much garbage. :(

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 7:47 PM Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
The monorepo prototype at https://github.com/llvm-project/llvm-project-20170507 is currently 9 hours behind.

I forget who’s responsible for the script(s) updating the monorepo(s), and it would be great if we can inform them of the state of the monorepo.

Cheers

-- Dean

Re: [llvm-dev] Flat Monorepo Prototype Not Updating

David Jones via llvm-dev
Thanks for the update and looking into it!

Cheers
On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 10:02 PM NAKAMURA Takumi via llvm-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It was due to disk full. Sorry for inconvenience.
>
> Inspecting git repos emits too much garbage. :(
>
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 7:47 PM Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The monorepo prototype at https://github.com/llvm-project/llvm-project-20170507 is currently 9 hours behind.
>>
>> I forget who’s responsible for the script(s) updating the monorepo(s), and it would be great if we can inform them of the state of the monorepo.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> -- Dean

Re: [llvm-dev] Flat Monorepo Prototype Not Updating

David Jones via llvm-dev
On a bit of a tangent, I'm confused about what the "official" monorepo
prototype is.  The one you mention has a specific date on it so I
assumed it was old.  I've been looking at
https://github.com/llvm-git-prototype/llvm.git.

Which is it?

                           -David

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> writes:

> The monorepo prototype at
> https://github.com/llvm-project/llvm-project-20170507 is currently 9
> hours behind.
>
> I forget who’s responsible for the script(s) updating the monorepo(s),
> and it would be great if we can inform them of the state of the
> monorepo.
>
> Cheers
>

> -- Dean

Re: [llvm-dev] Flat Monorepo Prototype Not Updating

David Jones via llvm-dev

> On 8 Nov 2018, at 09:52, David Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On a bit of a tangent, I'm confused about what the "official" monorepo
> prototype is.  The one you mention has a specific date on it so I
> assumed it was old.  I've been looking at
> https://github.com/llvm-git-prototype/llvm.git.
>
> Which is it?

The one I quoted is the one still mentioned in the getting started guide, and has stable hashes AFAICT meant to be the proving ground for ongoing day-to-day use, until it’s turned down in favour of the official monorepo. The monorepo that is being discussed is one that will supersede the one I quoted (IIRC) to which I’ll eventually migrate to for my day-to-day when it’s ready. :)

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#for-developers-to-work-with-a-git-monorepo

Cheers

-- Dean