[llvm-dev] Dynamically-Linked MIPS binary to LLVM IR

[llvm-dev] Dynamically-Linked MIPS binary to LLVM IR

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev
Hi all,

Going straight to the question, is it possible to take a MIPS ELF binary which is dynamically-linked and generate its LLVM IR in order to either execute it in an x86_64 machine or fuzz an arbitrary function from that binary?

This problem seems simple to solve but I've had some issues on finding useful tools to tackle it. Recently I had a look at rev.ng but as usual it is limited to static binaries, so the main issue here is dependency hell. I also tried the bin2llvmir from RetDec but the IR it generates can't be compiled back. As of now, manual efforts to change the ELF are not practical since I don't have much time.

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,
A. Lapprand