[llvm-dev] Distributing clang-format?

Jeremy Morse via llvm-dev

Hi,

              If there is a more appropriate place to post this question, please let me know.

              We are leveraging clang-format for code formatting in the C/C++ Extension for VS Code.  We have been bundling the clang-format executable with our extension, on Windows, Mac and Linux.  It has dependencies on shared libraries (which broke v6 for us on Ubuntu 18.10, due to not finding libtinfo.so.5), and new shared dependencies appear to have been added in recent versions, so distributing the executable itself seems insufficient.

              We’d like to avoid requiring the user to install the complete LLVM package, as it’s quite large.  And, we’d like to avoid requiring the user to intervene to install it themselves.

              Is there a proper way to redistribute just clang-format?

Thanks!,

  • Colen Garoutte-Carson