[llvm-dev] Change Process

Sudhindra kulkarni via llvm-dev

Dear Ma’am or Sir;

If this information is posted, please forgive me for failing to have found it. I’m looking for information on the processes by which major changes are made to the LLVM IR language, or perhaps just the mailing list to which I should subscribe to keep abreast of such changes?

Many Thanks,

JD Jones

Software Engineer

This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain Paragon Research Corporation (PRC) confidential or privileged information.  Use or distribution of such confidential information is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of PRC.  If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and attachments from your computer.

Re: [llvm-dev] Change Process

On 12/12/18 8:42 AM, JD Jones via llvm-dev wrote:

Dear Ma’am or Sir;

If this information is posted, please forgive me for failing to have found it. I’m looking for information on the processes by which major changes are made to the LLVM IR language, or perhaps just the mailing list to which I should subscribe to keep abreast of such changes?

JD, you should subscribe to this mailing list, llvm-dev, and note in particular emails tagged with [RFC] (request for comment) in the subject.

 -Hal

Many Thanks,

JD Jones

Software Engineer

This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain Paragon Research Corporation (PRC) confidential or privileged information.  Use or distribution of such confidential information is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of PRC.  If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and attachments from your computer.
Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory

Re: [llvm-dev] Change Process

Sudhindra kulkarni via llvm-dev
Sometimes they come up in code reviews (llvm-commits), larger changes are probably discussed here on llvm-dev.

If you're interested only in notification of such changes, the most efficient way might be to use Herald rules https://reviews.llvm.org/herald/ to subscribe to/be notified of reviews or commits (I think it covers commits too) that affect certain files (like the LangRef documentation page itself, and maybe some of the core IR header files (for smaller IR changes that might not rise to the level of being formalized in the LangRef? Not sure))