[llvm-dev] CMake Error at tools/clang/lib/Headers/cmake_install.cmake:36 (file): file INSTALL cannot find "C:/llvm-project/build/$(Configuration)/lib/clang/9.0.0/include".

[llvm-dev] CMake Error at tools/clang/lib/Headers/cmake_install.cmake:36 (file): file INSTALL cannot find "C:/llvm-project/build/$(Configuration)/lib/clang/9.0.0/include".

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Hi, everyone.

I'm trying to build LLVM myself because the page I was linked to with the links to pre-built binaries doesn't have a passing WASM build of LLVM.  Or at least didn't when I last checked there.  With that being said, though, when I tried to build INSTALL.vcxproj, I got the error mentioned in the title of this message.  The full error message is in the attached text file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

cmake_error_llvm_install.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [llvm-dev] CMake Error at tools/clang/lib/Headers/cmake_install.cmake:36 (file): file INSTALL cannot find "C:/llvm-project/build/$(Configuration)/lib/clang/9.0.0/include".

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
On 04/24/2019 03:35 AM, Osman Zakir via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I'm trying to build LLVM myself because the page I was linked to with the links to pre-built binaries doesn't have a passing WASM build of LLVM.  Or at least didn't when I last checked there.  With that being said, though, when I tried to build INSTALL.vcxproj, I got the error mentioned in the title of this message.  The full error message is in the attached text file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Does this patch fix the problem for you: https://reviews.llvm.org/D61054

-Tom

Re: [llvm-dev] CMake Error at tools/clang/lib/Headers/cmake_install.cmake:36 (file): file INSTALL cannot find "C:/llvm-project/build/$(Configuration)/lib/clang/9.0.0/include".

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev
Yeah, that patch worked.  I finally managed to build and install LLVM 9.0.0.  Thanks.