[llvm-dev] Andresen Algorithm

div code via llvm-dev
Hello all,

I'm looking for something simple - does anybody know if there is an implementation of Andresen's algorithm anywhere in LLVM?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [llvm-dev] Andresen Algorithm

div code via llvm-dev
See lib/Analysis/CFLAndersAliasAnalysis.cpp

John

Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 14:26:13 -0400
From: Kenneth Adam Miller via llvm-dev <[hidden email]>
To: llvm-dev <[hidden email]>
Subject: [llvm-dev] Andresen Algorithm

Apart from the Andersen's analysis in lib/Analysis/CFLAndersAliasAnalysis.cpp, we also implemented a primitive Shapiro-Horowitz alias analysis here: https://github.com/sohamm17/ShapiroHorwitz/ . We didn't have much documentation. The report is here: http://cs-people.bu.edu/soham1/docs/680_Final_Report.pdf

Re: [llvm-dev] Andresen Algorithm

div code via llvm-dev
Is there a particular way to run a specific alias analysis that is already implemented on a .ll file produced by clang -S -emit-llvm?

Re: [llvm-dev] Andresen Algorithm

div code via llvm-dev
Actually I figured out that it is:

opt -cfl-anders-aa *.ll

But now I noticed that I need the graph that it computes, and it doesn't seem to emit that.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 5:19 PM, Kenneth Adam Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a particular way to run a specific alias analysis that is already implemented on a .ll file produced by clang -S -emit-llvm?

Re: [llvm-dev] Andresen Algorithm

div code via llvm-dev
Got this error:

Printing analysis 'Inclusion-Based CFL Alias Analysis':
Pass::print not implemented for pass: 'Inclusion-Based CFL Alias Analysis'!

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 12:14 AM, Alexandre Isoard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Usually you need to add the -analyze option, to dump the analysis results.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 9:09 PM, Kenneth Adam Miller via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Actually I figured out that it is:

opt -cfl-anders-aa *.ll

But now I noticed that I need the graph that it computes, and it doesn't seem to emit that.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 5:19 PM, Kenneth Adam Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a particular way to run a specific alias analysis that is already implemented on a .ll file produced by clang -S -emit-llvm?

Re: [llvm-dev] Andresen Algorithm

div code via llvm-dev
Ok, the command necessary to get past this is:

opt ./example.ll  -disable-basicaa -cfl-anders-aa -aa-eval -disable-output -print-alias-sets

It was non-intuitive, because I thought turning on cfl-anders-aa would also enable printing the alias sets automatically. It also helps to add this flag: -mem2reg