[llvm-dev] [7.0.0 Release] Schedule proposal

[llvm-dev] [7.0.0 Release] Schedule proposal

Adam Nemet via llvm-dev
Hello everyone,

There's plenty of time before the release process starts, but I'd like
to begin the schedule discussion.

For the September release we usually branch mid-July. However, this
year my vacation runs a little later, so a good branch date for me
would be the 1st of August.

Proposal:

- 1 August 2018: Branch; RC1 soon after
- 22 August 2018: RC2; all lose ends should be tied up by now
- 5 September; final tag, release a few days later (don't slip past
first half of September)

What do you think?

I'm particularly keen to hear from those helping to test the release,
and from downstream consumers of the branch.

If the community prefers an earlier branch date, I can take a day off
vacation to set it up but I probably can't help much with bug fixing
and merging before August.

Thanks,
Hans

Re: [llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [7.0.0 Release] Schedule proposal

Adam Nemet via llvm-dev
> Proposal:
>
> - 1 August 2018: Branch; RC1 soon after
> - 22 August 2018: RC2; all lose ends should be tied up by now
> - 5 September; final tag, release a few days later (don't slip past
> first half of September)
>
> What do you think?
>
> I'm particularly keen to hear from those helping to test the release,
> and from downstream consumers of the branch.

As a downstream consumer, Sony is okay with the proposed schedule.
--paulr

Re: [llvm-dev] [7.0.0 Release] Schedule proposal

Adam Nemet via llvm-dev
I think you need to get 6.0.1 out the door first....

On 6/7/18, Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> There's plenty of time before the release process starts, but I'd like
> to begin the schedule discussion.
>
> For the September release we usually branch mid-July. However, this
> year my vacation runs a little later, so a good branch date for me
> would be the 1st of August.
>
> Proposal:
>
> - 1 August 2018: Branch; RC1 soon after
> - 22 August 2018: RC2; all lose ends should be tied up by now
> - 5 September; final tag, release a few days later (don't slip past
> first half of September)
>
> What do you think?
>
> I'm particularly keen to hear from those helping to test the release,
> and from downstream consumers of the branch.
>
> If the community prefers an earlier branch date, I can take a day off
> vacation to set it up but I probably can't help much with bug fixing
> and merging before August.
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

Re: [llvm-dev] [7.0.0 Release] Schedule proposal

Adam Nemet via llvm-dev
Yes, I expect that to have happened well before this process starts.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 6:56 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Proposal:
>>
>> - 1 August 2018: Branch; RC1 soon after
>> - 22 August 2018: RC2; all lose ends should be tied up by now
>> - 5 September; final tag, release a few days later (don't slip past
>> first half of September)
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> I'm particularly keen to hear from those helping to test the release,
>> and from downstream consumers of the branch.
>
> As a downstream consumer, Sony is okay with the proposed schedule.
> --paulr

Thanks! I've added the schedule to the website.

 - Hans