llvm and glibc

Ryan M. Lefever
When I use LLVM to translate bytecode to C, it seems to stick its own
definitions of several glibc calls like strcpy, strcmp, etc, but not
others like printf.  Is this because strcpy and strcmp have been
compiled with llvm and printf has not?

Regards,
Ryan

--
Ryan M. Lefever  [217.333.7231]  [http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~lefever]

Re: llvm and glibc

Chris Lattner
On Sun, 7 May 2006, Ryan M. Lefever wrote:
> When I use LLVM to translate bytecode to C, it seems to stick its own
> definitions of several glibc calls like strcpy, strcmp, etc, but not others
> like printf.  Is this because strcpy and strcmp have been compiled with llvm
> and printf has not?

Yup, there are a couple of libc functions defined in
llvm/runtime/GCCLibraries/libc/

that llvm-gcc3 statically links into programs when possible.