icing on LiveIntervalAnalysis

Mike Stump
On darwin x86, I'm seeing:

$ make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1
llvm[2]: Compiling LiveIntervalAnalysis.cpp for Release build
Assertion failed: (MVT::isInteger(LVT)), function
MeetsMaxMemopRequirement, file /Volumes/mrs5/net/llvm/llvm/lib/CodeGen/
SelectionDAG/SelectionDAGISel.cpp, line 4230.
/Volumes/mrs5/net/llvm/llvm/lib/CodeGen/LiveIntervalAnalysis.cpp:1466:
internal compiler error: Abort trap
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://llvm.org/bugs> for instructions.

when building with llvm's gcc-4.0, anyone else seeing it?  I just
rebuilt my gcc-4.0 llvm tree and reinstalled it and I tried building
again, no luck.  Both trees are up-to-date.

Re: icing on LiveIntervalAnalysis

Chris Lattner
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Mike Stump wrote:

> $ make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1
> llvm[2]: Compiling LiveIntervalAnalysis.cpp for Release build
> Assertion failed: (MVT::isInteger(LVT)), function
> MeetsMaxMemopRequirement, file /Volumes/mrs5/net/llvm/llvm/lib/CodeGen/
> SelectionDAG/SelectionDAGISel.cpp, line 4230.
> /Volumes/mrs5/net/llvm/llvm/lib/CodeGen/LiveIntervalAnalysis.cpp:1466:
> internal compiler error: Abort trap
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://llvm.org/bugs> for instructions.
>
> when building with llvm's gcc-4.0, anyone else seeing it?  I just
> rebuilt my gcc-4.0 llvm tree and reinstalled it and I tried building
> again, no luck.  Both trees are up-to-date.

Interesting, please do the following:

Use 'make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 VERBOSE=1'

To get the llvm-gcc invocation that is failing.  Once you have that,
something like the following should reproduce it:

1. Replace -c -o foo.o  with "-c foo.bc -emit-llvm"
2. Run "llc foo.bc"

If that crashes, please run "bugpoint -run-llc foo.bc" and attach the
output to a bugzilla (llvm.org/bugs/).  If llc doesn't crash, please
attach the .ii file to a bugzilla.

Thanks Mike!