how to build llvm-test in separate directory

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how to build llvm-test in separate directory

Aaron Gray-3
I am trying to build llvm-test in a separate directory to the main llvm tree.
 
I have put llvm and llvm-gcc's bin directories on the path but think I am missing a switch on the configure command.
 
Thanks,
 
Aaron
 
 
 

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to build llvm-test in separate directory

John Criswell
Aaron Gray wrote:
> I am trying to build llvm-test in a separate directory to the main llvm tree.
>
> I have put llvm and llvm-gcc's bin directories on the path but think I am missing a switch on the configure command.
>  
You need to use --with-llvmsrc and --with-llvmobj to tell llvm-test
where it can find the LLVM source and object directories, respectively.

-- John T.

> Thanks,
>
> Aaron
>
>
>
>
>  

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to build llvm-test in separate directory

Aaron Gray-3


On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:32 PM, John Criswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Aaron Gray wrote:
> I am trying to build llvm-test in a separate directory to the main llvm tree.
>
> I have put llvm and llvm-gcc's bin directories on the path but think I am missing a switch on the configure command.
>
You need to use --with-llvmsrc and --with-llvmobj to tell llvm-test
where it can find the LLVM source and object directories, respectively.
 
with :-
 
$ /usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/configure --with-llvmsrc=/usr/src/llvm-2.5 --with-llvmobj=/usr/build/llvm-2.5
 
I am getting :-
 
~~~
$ make all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector'
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/SSE'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `Output/sse.expandfft.linked.rbc', needed by `Output/sse.expandfft.linked.bc'.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/SSE'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests'
make[1]: *** [UnitTests/.makeall] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource'
make: *** [SingleSource/.makeall] Error 2
~~~
 
I don't have the external testsets installed.
 
Hope you can help,
 
Aaron
 

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to build llvm-test in separate directory

Tanya Lattner-2

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:32 PM, John Criswell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Aaron Gray wrote:
>>> I am trying to build llvm-test in a separate directory to the main llvm
>> tree.
>>>
>>> I have put llvm and llvm-gcc's bin directories on the path but think I am
>> missing a switch on the configure command.
>>>
>> You need to use --with-llvmsrc and --with-llvmobj to tell llvm-test
>> where it can find the LLVM source and object directories, respectively.
>
>
> with :-
>
> $ /usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/configure --with-llvmsrc=/usr/src/llvm-2.5
> --with-llvmobj=/usr/build/llvm-2.5
>
> I am getting :-
>
> ~~~
> $ make all
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests'
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector'
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/SSE'
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `Output/sse.expandfft.linked.rbc',
> needed by `Output/sse.expandfft.linked.bc'.  Stop.
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/SSE'
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource/UnitTests'
> make[1]: *** [UnitTests/.makeall] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/llvm-test-2.5/SingleSource'
> make: *** [SingleSource/.makeall] Error 2
> ~~~
>
> I don't have the external testsets installed.
>
> Hope you can help,

That error means it could not find llvm-gcc. Did you reconfigure llvm with
either llvm-gcc in your path or --with-llvmgccdir (or whatever it is)?

-Tanya

>
> Aaron
>
_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to build llvm-test in separate directory

Anton Korobeynikov-2
In reply to this post by Aaron Gray-3
Hello, Aaron

> I don't have the external testsets installed.
Make sure you have llvm-gcc path properly specified to llvm configure.

---
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to build llvm-test in separate directory

Aaron Gray-3
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Anton Korobeynikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, Aaron

> I don't have the external testsets installed.
Make sure you have llvm-gcc path properly specified to llvm configure.
I had it on the path at second llvm make time. But not at make tools-only time. Should I do a second configure on LLVM proper with a after making llvm-gcc with a --with-llvmgccdir (or what ever it is)
 
The basic proceedure I am using is here :-
 
 
Thanks,
 
Aaron
 

_______________________________________________
LLVM Developers mailing list
[hidden email]         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev