getPointerToGlobal() / MCJIT

Armin Steinhoff-2

Hi all,

are there any plans to correct/implement the "getPointerToGlobal()"
method for accessing global variables that are emitted by MCJIT?
(see for details the unit test of MCJIT)

Best Regards

Armin

Re: getPointerToGlobal() / MCJIT

Malea, Daniel
As far as I know, no one is working to fix the test case in question. Patches welcome :)

Cheers,
Dan

On 2012-11-13, at 1:29 AM, "Armin Steinhoff" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> are there any plans to correct/implement the "getPointerToGlobal()" method for accessing global variables that are emitted by MCJIT?
> (see for details the unit test of MCJIT)
>
> Best Regards
>
> Armin

Re: getPointerToGlobal() / MCJIT

Kaylor, Andrew
It shouldn't be a terribly difficult thing to implement.  The RuntimeDyld already keeps a map of global symbols and provides a function getSymbolLoadAddress to get an up-to-date address for a named symbol.  It should be just a matter of connecting the dots.

-Andy