generate ponter/array access bounds expressions

generate ponter/array access bounds expressions

eric.lew
Hello,

  I want to generate pointer/array access bounds expressions within LLVM. I have read some docs about symbolic and KLEE, but I am not sure if there are some better methods.

  I guess it is possible to do it with symbolic execution[1], but I think it is a little complex to do my project with klee. It seems I need to do some work like in [1] to KLEE to finish my project.

   And I wonder if  there are some better methods available in LLVM IR?  I.E. are there exmple code  in SAFECode?

Or are there some better ways to do this?

[1]   Symbolic Bounds Analysis of Pointers, Array Indices, and Accessed Memory Regions

Thanks!

Eric

Re: generate ponter/array access bounds expressions

Henrique Santos
What did you mean by "array access bounds expressions"?
If you want to do something along the lines of constraint-based bounds check elimination, you can check out SAFECode.
I don't think KLEE would be very useful for proving the safety of memory accesses, rather the lack thereof. Also, KLEE doesn't handle symbolic array sizes.

If you can give more details about your project, someone might be able to help out a bit more. : )

H.