exceptions in llvm projects

Ryan M. Lefever
While creating compiler transformations for use with opt, I discovered
that when configuring and making LLVM and its projects, exceptions are
disabled.  I'm assuming that was done for performance reasons.  Is there
any reason not to enable exceptions for LLVM projects?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: exceptions in llvm projects

Reid Spencer-2
On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 03:52 -0500, Ryan M. Lefever wrote:
> While creating compiler transformations for use with opt, I discovered
> that when configuring and making LLVM and its projects, exceptions are
> disabled.  I'm assuming that was done for performance reasons.

That's correct. It makes LLVM slightly smaller too.  Note that the tools
and a few libraries not not exception free at this point. Any Makefile
that has REQUIRES_EH:=1 in it will build with exceptions enabled.

>  Is there
> any reason not to enable exceptions for LLVM projects?

Nope. Have at it.  Just don't expect to catch many (any?) from LLVM.

Reid.