emulator

Herbei Dacian

Hi All,
I'm a real newbie to this so I have a few simple question.
I would like to make an llvm byte code emulator with certain special features.
So, I need an llvm byte code emulator that works out of the box if possible.
Does this exist? Is it open source?
And if not what is the closest open source to it.
best regards,
dacian

Re: emulator

Alexandru Ionut Diaconescu
Hi Dacian,

What want to make a "llvm byte code emulator", so basically you want to learn how to use LLVM or how to make a compiler to obtain LLVM bytecode?

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Herbei Dacian <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,
I'm a real newbie to this so I have a few simple question.
I would like to make an llvm byte code emulator with certain special features.
So, I need an llvm byte code emulator that works out of the box if possible.
Does this exist? Is it open source?
And if not what is the closest open source to it.
best regards,
dacian

Best regards,
Alexandru Ionut Diaconescu

Re: emulator

Herbei Dacian

Hi Alexandru,
that is not what I wish to do.
I want to use the infrastructure that is already available to produce the byte code.
Then this byte code will be run by a virtual machine in a special way.
That is why I need the code from a virtual machine that I can modify and insert my special handling.
I know that there is an llva-emu project but I can't get the sources from anywhere.
regards,
dacian

Re: emulator

Duncan Sands
Hi Dacian,

On 05/07/13 08:02, Herbei Dacian wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm a real newbie to this so I have a few simple question.
> I would like to make an llvm byte code emulator with certain special features.
> So, I need an llvm byte code emulator that works out of the box if possible.
> Does this exist? Is it open source?
> And if not what is the closest open source to it.
> best regards,
> dacian

LLVM has a byte code interpreter, lli (run with -force-interpreter to get the
interpreter, otherwise it will JIT the byte code).

Ciao, Duncan.