doxygen docs

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe
Hi,

The docs available on illuvium.com are different from the one's present
in the doxygen tarball on the same page ... can the tarball be generated
from the same docs as the browseable version? I considered crawling the
illuvium.com site, but it would be better to simply have a tarball
available.

I tried generating the docs myself ... doxygen simply refuses to create
pages for classes defined in anonymous namespaces in cpp files. I
enabled options such as EXTRACT_ALL, EXTRACT_PRIVATE and EXTRACT_LOCAL,
but no luck. How is the publicly available documentation generated?

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/

Re: doxygen docs

Chris Lattner
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe wrote:
> The docs available on illuvium.com are different from the one's present in
> the doxygen tarball on the same page ... can the tarball be generated from
> the same docs as the browseable version? I considered crawling the
> illuvium.com site, but it would be better to simply have a tarball available.

Agreed.  I have been meaning to set up doxygen, as the illuvium mirror is
far out of date.  I'll try to push it up in the priority list.

> I tried generating the docs myself ... doxygen simply refuses to create pages
> for classes defined in anonymous namespaces in cpp files. I enabled options
> such as EXTRACT_ALL, EXTRACT_PRIVATE and EXTRACT_LOCAL, but no luck. How is
> the publicly available documentation generated?

They are generated from the Makefile in the llvm/docs directory, which has
a doxygen.cfg in it.

Re: doxygen docs

Reid Spencer
Here's the script that illuvium.net once used to generate the doxygen
documentation:

cd $(LLVM_SRC_DIR)/docs
echo "Rebuilding the doxygen documentation"
rm -rf $(LLVM_SRC_DIR)/doxygen/
nice make install > doxygen.out 2>&1
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
   echo "Documentation failed"
fi

Reid.

Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe wrote:
>
>> The docs available on illuvium.com are different from the one's
>> present in the doxygen tarball on the same page ... can the tarball be
>> generated from the same docs as the browseable version? I considered
>> crawling the illuvium.com site, but it would be better to simply have
>> a tarball available.
>

> Agreed.  I have been meaning to set up doxygen, as the illuvium mirror
> is far out of date.  I'll try to push it up in the priority list.
>
>> I tried generating the docs myself ... doxygen simply refuses to
>> create pages for classes defined in anonymous namespaces in cpp files.
>> I enabled options such as EXTRACT_ALL, EXTRACT_PRIVATE and
>> EXTRACT_LOCAL, but no luck. How is the publicly available
>> documentation generated?
>

> They are generated from the Makefile in the llvm/docs directory, which
> has a doxygen.cfg in it.
>
> -Chris

Re: doxygen docs

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe
Chris Lattner wrote:

>> I tried generating the docs myself ... doxygen simply refuses to
>> create pages for classes defined in anonymous namespaces in cpp files.
>> I enabled options such as EXTRACT_ALL, EXTRACT_PRIVATE and
>> EXTRACT_LOCAL, but no luck. How is the publicly available
>> documentation generated?
>
> They are generated from the Makefile in the llvm/docs directory, which
> has a doxygen.cfg in it.

I used the same file ... the problem is that doxygen is not producing
documentation for classes inside anonymous namespaces ... I tried the
options mentioned above, but didn't work. For example, consider this:

http://illuvium.com/docs/doxygen/classSteens.html

This was generated from lib/Analysis/DataStructure/Steensgaard.cpp, but
when I tried that on my setup, no such file is created:

sameerds@trantor5:~/data/llvm-1.6$ find docs/doxygen -name "*Steen*"
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp-source.html
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8d-source.html
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp.html
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp__incl.md5
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8d.html
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp__incl.png
docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp__incl.map

The problem might not be anonymous namespaces, but that's my first
guess. I need to know what is done differently on illuvium.com to
produce the missing documentation. I am using doxygen version 1.4.5

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/

Re: doxygen docs

Reid Spencer
illuvium uses Doxygen 1.3.6. Not sure if an older version would create the
additional anonymous classes. Its possible that the newer version added a
configuration feature that defaults to "off" to produce anonymous classes.
You'll have to read the documentation to discover the differences between the
versions.

Reid.

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe wrote:

> Chris Lattner wrote:
>
>>> I tried generating the docs myself ... doxygen simply refuses to
>>> create pages for classes defined in anonymous namespaces in cpp
>>> files. I enabled options such as EXTRACT_ALL, EXTRACT_PRIVATE and
>>> EXTRACT_LOCAL, but no luck. How is the publicly available
>>> documentation generated?
>>

>> They are generated from the Makefile in the llvm/docs directory, which
>> has a doxygen.cfg in it.
>

> I used the same file ... the problem is that doxygen is not producing
> documentation for classes inside anonymous namespaces ... I tried the
> options mentioned above, but didn't work. For example, consider this:
>
> http://illuvium.com/docs/doxygen/classSteens.html
>
> This was generated from lib/Analysis/DataStructure/Steensgaard.cpp, but
> when I tried that on my setup, no such file is created:
>
> sameerds@trantor5:~/data/llvm-1.6$ find docs/doxygen -name "*Steen*"
> docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp-source.html
> docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8d-source.html
> docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp.html
> docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp__incl.md5
> docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8d.html
> docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp__incl.png
> docs/doxygen/html/Steensgaard_8cpp__incl.map
>
> The problem might not be anonymous namespaces, but that's my first
> guess. I need to know what is done differently on illuvium.com to
> produce the missing documentation. I am using doxygen version 1.4.5
>
> Sameer.

Re: doxygen docs

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe wrote:
> The docs available on illuvium.com are different from the one's present in
> the doxygen tarball on the same page ... can the tarball be generated from
> the same docs as the browseable version? I considered crawling the
> illuvium.com site, but it would be better to simply have a tarball available.

Hi, sorry the delay.

I've reinstated the nightly doxygen build, available here:
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/doxygen/

The page is updated every night, please let me know if you see any
problems.  The tarball is also rebuilt every night and is available here:

http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/doxygen/doxygen.tar.gz