compiling clang with a obj/ dir

Gabor Greif
Holger Schurig wrote:

 > compiler, "clang" ?  The doc said that you put the clang sourcecode
 > into llvm/tools/clang, change into this directory and simply
 > enter "make". This seems to be not possible with the second
method, at
 > least not in a way that separates sources and binaries.

I also did not succeed building clang in obj-dir.
Only after "mv llvm/tools/clang llvm-build/tools" it started to work.
I do not remember in detail what else more I had to do. Possibly
some hacking of Makefile's BUILDDIR?

I guess Reid as the father of the build system can say why this
doesn't work.

Building clang just like the rest of llvm would be a Good Thing!

Cheers,

        Gabor