compile errors with demo projects Stacker and Hello

compile errors with demo projects Stacker and Hello

ultrasparc
Hi all!

I have sucessfully installed LLVM 1.9 under FreeBSD on a x86 PC.
I have successfully executed "An Example Using the LLVM Tool Chain" that is
written in the document http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html

When I tried out the demo projects "Hello" and "Stacker" I get compile errors. When I run "gmake" in the directory "/usr/home/x/llvm1.9/projects/Stacker" I get:
gmake: **** [@abs_top_objdir@/config.status] Error 127

I get a compile error, too when I try to compile the "Hello" demo in
 lib/Transforms/Hello that is explained in
http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html#quickstart
I tried to resolve the compile error for the Hello demo and copied
the directory to "usr/home/x/llvm1.9/projects/Hello". When I run "gmake"
in the Hello directory I get again:
gmake: **** [@abs_top_objdir@/config.status] Error 127

Any help appreciated
Raphael

Re: compile errors with demo projects Stacker and Hello

Ryan M. Lefever
If I remember correctly, you get the following warning when you
configure LLVM:

configure:2087: WARNING: Unknown project (Stacker) won't be configured
automatically

That leads would lead me to believe that you need to run configure
inside llvm/projects/Stacker (and inside llvm/projects/Hello) before you
run gmake inside of them.  I don't know for sure, but perhaps that might
fix your problem.

Ryan

--
Ryan M. Lefever  [http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~lefever]

Re: compile errors with demo projects Stacker and Hello

Reid Spencer-2
That sounds like the problem to me, too.

Reid.