cannot find gccas

gejuan
I have installed the llvm-gcc , and there is no error during the
installtion.I also have compiled the llvm successfully.But when I use this
command
$ llvm-gcc hello.c -o hello
something wrong has happened,and this is the error information:
llvm-gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `gccas': No such file or
directory.

what shall I do? My linux vertion is fedora 4.0
and the gcc vertion is gcc4.0

Re: cannot find gccas

John Criswell-2
gejuan wrote:

>I have installed the llvm-gcc , and there is no error during the
>installtion.I also have compiled the llvm successfully.But when I use this
>command
>$ llvm-gcc hello.c -o hello
>something wrong has happened,and this is the error information:
>llvm-gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `gccas': No such file or
>directory.

The problem is that gccas (which you built when you compiled LLVM) is
not in your $PATH.

Simply modify your PATH environment variable so that it includes the
directory containing gccas.  This should be
<LLVM_OBJ_ROOT>Debug/bin/gccas, where you replace LLVM_OBJ_ROOT with the
location of where you built LLVM.

For more info, please see the Getting Started Guide:
http://http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html and
llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#objfiles

-- John T.

>what shall I do? My linux vertion is fedora 4.0
>and the gcc vertion is gcc4.0

Re: cannot find gccas

On Sat, 20 May 2006, gejuan wrote:
> I have installed the llvm-gcc , and there is no error during the
> installtion.I also have compiled the llvm successfully.But when I use this
> command
> $ llvm-gcc hello.c -o hello
> something wrong has happened,and this is the error information:
> llvm-gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `gccas': No such file or
> directory.

Did you build LLVM itself?  If not, please follow the instructions in the
Getting Started Guide.

If so, add the bin directory (either llvm/Debug/bin or llvm/Release/bin)
to your path.