about Sparcv9 assembly code

shding
Hi:
   When I tried to use llc -march=sparcv9 to compile some llvm .bc to
SparcV9, I got such error:
    llc: /llvm/lib/Target/SparcV9/SparcV9RegInfo.h:62: virtual void
llvm::TargetRegClassInfo::markColorsUsed(unsigned int, int, int,
std::vector<bool, std::allocator<bool> >&) const: Assertion
`UserRegType == RegTypeWanted && "Default method is probably incorrect
for class with multiple types."' failed.
     What does that mean? Besides I used 176.art program in spec2000. Does
anybody has the same experience? How to solve it?
     Thanks!

--
Shuhan

Re: about Sparcv9 assembly code

Chris Lattner
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi:
>   When I tried to use llc -march=sparcv9 to compile some llvm .bc to
> SparcV9, I got such error:
>    llc: /llvm/lib/Target/SparcV9/SparcV9RegInfo.h:62: virtual void
> llvm::TargetRegClassInfo::markColorsUsed(unsigned int, int, int,
> std::vector<bool, std::allocator<bool> >&) const: Assertion
> `UserRegType == RegTypeWanted && "Default method is probably incorrect
> for class with multiple types."' failed.
>     What does that mean? Besides I used 176.art program in spec2000. Does
> anybody has the same experience? How to solve it?

The sparc backend currently has several problems with it.  If you reduce a
testcase, we might be able to fix it though.

To reduce a testcase, please run:

bugpoint -run-llc <your bc file>

It should detect the crash in llc, reduce it and produce some
instructions.  Please send the instructions and the output bytecode file
and we can take a look.