Will gcc 4.3.0 compile llvm 2.2?

Bernardo Elayda
Hi!

I'm trying to compile llvm 2.2 with gcc 4.3.0 on FC8.

My compile is failing with the following error(s):

error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >'

If you've run into this, how did you get around this issue?

thx in advance!
-Bernardo

Re: Will gcc 4.3.0 compile llvm 2.2?

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello, Bernardo

> I'm trying to compile llvm 2.2 with gcc 4.3.0 on FC8.
2.2 release won't compile with gcc 4.3. Please either use current svn
version or change version of your gcc :)

--
WBR, Anton Korobeynikov

Re: Will gcc 4.3.0 compile llvm 2.2?

me22
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Bernardo Elayda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile llvm 2.2 with gcc 4.3.0 on FC8.
>
> My compile is failing with the following error(s):
>
> error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct std::basic_ostream<char,
> std::char_traits<char> >'
>
> If you've run into this, how did you get around this issue?

GCC 4.3 cleaned up its headers to make them much lighter, and that's
exactly the kind of error that many, many people that weren't properly
conformant by including everything they used are now getting.  You
could probably work around it by including <ostream> yourself before
including the header with the error, if it's just in a header, but
adding it to the headers or upgrading to a newer (maybe SVN) LLVM
would probably be a better choice.