What is HexagonTargetMachine::addPassesForOptimizations for?

What is HexagonTargetMachine::addPassesForOptimizations for?

Craig Topper
This function is marked virtual but doesn't override anything, doesn't have any overrides, and has no in tree callers. Can it be removed?

--
~Craig

Re: What is HexagonTargetMachine::addPassesForOptimizations for?

Rafael Espíndola
On 30 April 2014 00:52, Craig Topper <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This function is marked virtual but doesn't override anything, doesn't have
> any overrides, and has no in tree callers. Can it be removed?

Given that it is dead, yes :-)

Cheers,
Rafael

Re: What is HexagonTargetMachine::addPassesForOptimizations for?

Krzysztof Parzyszek
On 4/30/2014 8:45 AM, Rafael Espíndola wrote:
> On 30 April 2014 00:52, Craig Topper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This function is marked virtual but doesn't override anything, doesn't have
>> any overrides, and has no in tree callers. Can it be removed?
>
> Given that it is dead, yes :-)

It used to be called from clang, from lib/CodeGen/BackendUtils.cpp,
function CreatePasses.  It doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  I'm not
familiar with that part of the code.
+Matthew

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation

Re: What is HexagonTargetMachine::addPassesForOptimizations for?

Matthew Curtis
On 4/30/2014 9:01 AM, Krzysztof Parzyszek wrote:

> On 4/30/2014 8:45 AM, Rafael Espíndola wrote:
>> On 30 April 2014 00:52, Craig Topper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This function is marked virtual but doesn't override anything,
>>> doesn't have
>>> any overrides, and has no in tree callers. Can it be removed?
>>
>> Given that it is dead, yes :-)
>>

> It used to be called from clang, from lib/CodeGen/BackendUtils.cpp,
> function CreatePasses.  It doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  I'm
> not familiar with that part of the code.
> +Matthew
>
> -Krzysztof

It is actually part of a patch that we do not intend to upstream.
Unfortunately this part of the patch slipped through. IMO it is ok to
remove.
+Pranav who is even more familiar with the code.

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

Re: What is HexagonTargetMachine::addPassesForOptimizations for?

Pranav Bhandarkar-3
On 4/30/2014 2:00 PM, Matthew Curtis wrote:

> On 4/30/2014 9:01 AM, Krzysztof Parzyszek wrote:
>>>
>>> Given that it is dead, yes :-)
>>>

>> It used to be called from clang, from lib/CodeGen/BackendUtils.cpp,
>> function CreatePasses.  It doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  I'm
>> not familiar with that part of the code.
>> +Matthew
>>
>> -Krzysztof
>>

> It is actually part of a patch that we do not intend to upstream.
> Unfortunately this part of the patch slipped through. IMO it is ok to
> remove.
> +Pranav who is even more familiar with the code.

Yes, we do not need this any more. It is ok to remove.

Pranav

On 4/30/2014 5:24 PM, Craig Topper wrote:
> Pranav, can you remove it?

Yes, I'll remove it.

Pranav

On 5/1/2014 9:25 AM, Pranav Bhandarkar wrote:
On 4/30/2014 5:24 PM, Craig Topper wrote:
Pranav, can you remove it?

Yes, I'll remove it.

Pranav

Done. r207800.