VStudio project files

Chuck Rose III

Hello LLVMers,

For the windows side of my team’s product, I use the VStudio project files included in the LLVM tree (which are VStudio 2k3 files).  I just switched over to the SVN sources yesterday and spent some time working with those project files to get things to build cleanly on my system.  We use VStudio 2k5, so I have to go through a conversion process which may be the cause of some of the problems I’ve seen.  I also needed to add new files which have been added to the tree recently but which have not been added to the VStudio project.

It’s my understanding that the person who was maintaining the VStudio project is no longer doing active LLVM development.  If that is indeed the case, I would be happy to help maintain them provided that I can switch them up to 2k5, which is my required VStudio platform here at work.

Let me know if you’d like some fresh VStudio files and I’ll work on getting them pushed up to the svn server once I’ve got them all nice and happy here.

Thanks,

Chuck.

Re: VStudio project files

Reid Spencer-2
Hi Chuck,

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 11:16 -0700, Chuck Rose III wrote:

> Hello LLVMers,
>

> For the windows side of my team’s product, I use the VStudio project
> files included in the LLVM tree (which are VStudio 2k3 files).  I just
> switched over to the SVN sources yesterday and spent some time working
> with those project files to get things to build cleanly on my system.
> We use VStudio 2k5, so I have to go through a conversion process which
> may be the cause of some of the problems I’ve seen.  I also needed to
> add new files which have been added to the tree recently but which
> have not been added to the VStudio project.
>

> It’s my understanding that the person who was maintaining the VStudio
> project is no longer doing active LLVM development.  If that is indeed
> the case, I would be happy to help maintain them provided that I can
> switch them up to 2k5, which is my required VStudio platform here at
> work.
>

> Let me know if you’d like some fresh VStudio files and I’ll work on
> getting them pushed up to the svn server once I’ve got them all nice
> and happy here.

Yes, please. Jeff is no longer maintaining this so it might as well be
useful to the people that would use it.

Thanks!

Reid.

> Thanks,
>
> Chuck.

Re: VStudio project files

Chuck Rose III
Hola Reid,

Cool deal.  I think I have all the bugs worked out as I'm building
cleanly now in one "build all" pass as opposed to two.  I'm going to
integrate and test the results with our system.

Will the patch process be sufficient for this kind of change (~350K of
VStudio XML goo)?  Should I request commit access, if at least for the
vstudio stuff?

Thanks,
Chuck.

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 11:16 -0700, Chuck Rose III wrote:

> Hello LLVMers,
>

> For the windows side of my team's product, I use the VStudio project
> files included in the LLVM tree (which are VStudio 2k3 files).  I just
> switched over to the SVN sources yesterday and spent some time working
> with those project files to get things to build cleanly on my system.
> We use VStudio 2k5, so I have to go through a conversion process which
> may be the cause of some of the problems I've seen.  I also needed to
> add new files which have been added to the tree recently but which
> have not been added to the VStudio project.
>

> It's my understanding that the person who was maintaining the VStudio
> project is no longer doing active LLVM development.  If that is indeed
> the case, I would be happy to help maintain them provided that I can
> switch them up to 2k5, which is my required VStudio platform here at
> work.
>

> Let me know if you'd like some fresh VStudio files and I'll work on
> getting them pushed up to the svn server once I've got them all nice
> and happy here.

Yes, please. Jeff is no longer maintaining this so it might as well be
useful to the people that would use it.

Thanks!

Reid.

> Thanks,
>
> Chuck.

Re: VStudio project files

Reid Spencer-2
On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 11:56 -0700, Chuck Rose III wrote:
> Hola Reid,
>
> Cool deal.  I think I have all the bugs worked out as I'm building
> cleanly now in one "build all" pass as opposed to two.  I'm going to
> integrate and test the results with our system.
>
> Will the patch process be sufficient for this kind of change (~350K of
> VStudio XML goo)?  Should I request commit access, if at least for the
> vstudio stuff?

Either or. You're probably going to have to update this a fair bit in
the coming weeks.  Things like lib/System and lib/Support are scheduled
for removal from the llvm module and moved to the support module. I'm
fine with you having commit access. I think Chris would be too,
especially if it means the win32 stuff stays up to date :)

Reid.