Using lli

dag-7
I'm about to foray into my first serious use of lli.

I'd like to be able to take the bitcode produced at various points by our
compiler and execute it to check for bugs.

The big question for me is around libraries.  To execute tests I will ned to
link the JITed code to precompiled libraries.  Looking at the lli
documentation, I don't see any specific flags to handle that.  Did I miss
something?

I guess my other option is to use llc and invoke the assembler and linker
manually.  Perhaps lli is not meant for the kind of thing I'm trying to do.

                                                -Dave

Re: Using lli

John Criswell
David Greene wrote:

> I'm about to foray into my first serious use of lli.
>
> I'd like to be able to take the bitcode produced at various points by our
> compiler and execute it to check for bugs.
>
> The big question for me is around libraries.  To execute tests I will ned to
> link the JITed code to precompiled libraries.  Looking at the lli
> documentation, I don't see any specific flags to handle that.  Did I miss
> something?

The -load option to lli will load dynamic libraries; the loaded
functions should be usable by JIT'ed code.

-- John T.