Test Results

Bill Wendling
Here are my test results for the 2.2 prerelease.

Built objDir == srcDir, release, and with the pre-built LLVM-GCC binary.

"make test" results:

                 ===  Summary ===

# of expected passes            2533
# of expected failures          6

-bw

report.nightly.txt (68K) Download Attachment

Re: Test Results

Dale Johannesen
What target?

On Jan 25, 2008, at 6:06 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:

> Here are my test results for the 2.2 prerelease.
>
> Built objDir == srcDir, release, and with the pre-built LLVM-GCC
> binary.
>
> "make test" results:
>
>                ===  Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            2533
> # of expected failures          6
>

> -bw
Looks good.

report.nightly.txt (68K) Download Attachment

Re: Test Results

Bill Wendling
Sorry, I forgot to mention. It's a PPC PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X
10.4.11.

-bw

On Jan 25, 2008, at 6:14 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:

> What target?
>
> On Jan 25, 2008, at 6:06 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:
>
>> Here are my test results for the 2.2 prerelease.
>>
>> Built objDir == srcDir, release, and with the pre-built LLVM-GCC
>> binary.
>>
>> "make test" results:
>>
>>                ===  Summary ===
>>
>> # of expected passes            2533
>> # of expected failures          6
>>

>> -bw
>
> Looks good.
>
> <report.nightly.txt>

Re: Test Results

Dale Johannesen

On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot to mention. It's a PPC PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X
> 10.4.11.
>
> -bw

OK, ppc32 EH used to work better than this (although I haven't tried
it on 10.4).  I'll have a look.

> On Jan 25, 2008, at 6:14 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:
>
>> What target?
>>
>> On Jan 25, 2008, at 6:06 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:
>>
>>> Here are my test results for the 2.2 prerelease.
>>>
>>> Built objDir == srcDir, release, and with the pre-built LLVM-GCC
>>> binary.
>>>
>>> "make test" results:
>>>
>>>               ===  Summary ===
>>>
>>> # of expected passes            2533
>>> # of expected failures          6
>>>

>>> -bw
>>
>> Looks good.
>>
>> <report.nightly.txt>

Re: Test Results

Dale Johannesen

On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:43 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I forgot to mention. It's a PPC PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X
>> 10.4.11.
>>
>> -bw
>
> OK, ppc32 EH used to work better than this (although I haven't tried
> it on 10.4).  I'll have a look.

I should clarify, what is the "pre-built LLVM-GCC binary"?  Part of
2.2, and it's 4.2, right?  I wouldn't expect 4.0 to work very well in
this area.

>> On Jan 25, 2008, at 6:14 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:
>>
>>> What target?

>>> Looks good.
>>>
>>> <report.nightly.txt>

Re: Test Results

Bill Wendling
On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:45 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:43 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:
>

>> On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, I forgot to mention. It's a PPC PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X
>>> 10.4.11.
>>>
>>> -bw
>>
>> OK, ppc32 EH used to work better than this (although I haven't tried
>> it on 10.4).  I'll have a look.
>
> I should clarify, what is the "pre-built LLVM-GCC binary"?  Part of
> 2.2, and it's 4.2, right?  I wouldn't expect 4.0 to work very well in
> this area.

Yeah, the pre-built binary is the 4.2 from the release website.

Re: Test Results

Dale Johannesen

On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:43 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I forgot to mention. It's a PPC PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X
>> 10.4.11.
>>
>> -bw
>
> OK, ppc32 EH used to work better than this (although I haven't tried
> it on 10.4).  I'll have a look.

I've confirmed that it still works on 10.5.  I was less successful
than you on 10.4:

[dalejos-powerbook-g4-15:/Volumes/Data/tests] dalejo% /llvm-gcc4.2-2.2-
ppc-darwin8.11.0/bin/llvm-g++  ctor1.C
/usr/bin/ld: unknown flag: -macosx_version_min
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is a ppc32 machine running 10.4.11, but does not have a recent
tools release installed on it.  What's the prerequisite here?

I think the problem with EH is that you're getting the unwinding
library that was built as part of the llvm-gcc build.  That one will
not work.  We want to pick up that library from a gcc build (or it may
work just to remove the one that's there, if we require some other
tools be installed).  It seems to use libgcc_s.10.[45].dylib on 10.5
and libgcc_s.dylib on 10.4.  But it may be that 4.0 vs 4.2 is another
variable, I'm not in a position to test all combinations.

I've used llvm-gcc to compile as far as a .o, then used g++ to link,
and that works.  So I think this is the problem.

Re: Test Results

Tanya Lattner-2
Thanks for testing the release! The results look in line with what I
am seeing.

-Tanya