Subversion Migration Completed

John Criswell
Dear LLVMers,

The first phase of the Subversion conversion is complete.  The CVS
repository will no longer be available.  You will now need to use the
SVN server.

Directions for getting LLVM from the SVN server can be found in the new
Getting Started Guide (http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html).  If
you run a nightly tester, you should update your LLVM tree from SVN to
get the new NewNightlyTester script.

There are a few minor features that are still missing.  I believe we
still need to redirect cvsweb to use viewvcs.  We also do not have the
URL re-writing rules in places for http://llvm.org/docs to redirect to
the latest documentation stored in the SVN repository.  We'll try to get
those as soon as we can.

If you encounter problems, please email the llvmdev list with details.

Thanks for your patience; hopefully everything works okay over the weekend.

Regards,

John Criswell

Re: Subversion Migration Completed

dag-7
On Friday 29 June 2007 15:01, John Criswell wrote:

> If you encounter problems, please email the llvmdev list with details.

Can't check out:

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/trunk/llvm llvm
svn: URL 'http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/trunk/llvm' doesn't exist

Apparently, the Getting Started guide is wrong:

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm
A    llvm/test
A    llvm/test/Archive
A    llvm/test/Archive/extract_xpg4.ll

                                                      -Dave

Re: Subversion Migration Completed

Bill Wendling
On 6/29/07, David Greene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Friday 29 June 2007 15:01, John Criswell wrote:
>
> > If you encounter problems, please email the llvmdev list with details.
>
> Can't check out:

And wasn't the llvm-gcc sources supposed to be there as well?

-bw

Re: Subversion Migration Completed

Anton Korobeynikov
Hello, Bill

> And wasn't the llvm-gcc sources supposed to be there as well?
Not yet. I think this should be the second stage.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.

On 6/29/07, Anton Korobeynikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, Bill
>
> > And wasn't the llvm-gcc sources supposed to be there as well?
> Not yet. I think this should be the second stage.

Ah! Okay. :-)

-bw

Re: Subversion Migration Completed

John Criswell
David Greene wrote:

Fixed.  Thanks for noticing this.

-- John T.

> On Friday 29 June 2007 15:01, John Criswell wrote:
>

>> If you encounter problems, please email the llvmdev list with details.
>>

> Can't check out:
>
> svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/trunk/llvm llvm
> svn: URL 'http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/trunk/llvm' doesn't exist
>
> Apparently, the Getting Started guide is wrong:
>
> svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm
> A    llvm/test
> A    llvm/test/Archive
> A    llvm/test/Archive/extract_xpg4.ll
>
>                                                       -Dave

Re: Subversion Migration Completed

Devang Patel

On Jun 29, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Bill
>
>> And wasn't the llvm-gcc sources supposed to be there as well?
> Not yet. I think this should be the second stage.

OK. Whenever it happens, please use gcc-version number in name.
For example,
        .../llvm-gcc-4.0

Thanks,
-