Sparse and LLVM

Seo Sanghyeon-3
I can't be the first person to think of this, can I? But I couldn't
locate any reference on this combination. If you know of one, please
tell me.

Sparse: http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/josh/sparse/
LLVM: http://llvm.org/

So, you may expect compile-llvm.c in a few days. :)

--
Seo Sanghyeon

Re: Sparse and LLVM

Christopher Li-5
It is on my todo list, I even have some half baked patches try to do
that.

Converting from sparse linearized code to llvm byte code should
be very straight forward. Like llvm, the sparse pesudo stay in SSA
from. The only tricky part is GEP, sparse convert member deference
to ptr + constant + type cast on the symbol expand stage. Even before
linearization. It is still doable by guesting the type plus offset. I have
some idea how to preserve that information in sparse but I haven't complete
it.

If you try to write a sparse to llvm byte code converter, please start
from the linearized instructions. It will save you a lot of work.

Chris

On 12/27/06, Sanghyeon Seo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't be the first person to think of this, can I? But I couldn't
> locate any reference on this combination. If you know of one, please
> tell me.
>
> Sparse: http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/josh/sparse/
> LLVM: http://llvm.org/
>
> So, you may expect compile-llvm.c in a few days. :)
>
> --
> Seo Sanghyeon
> -

Re: Sparse and LLVM

Reid Spencer-2
Hi Sanghyeon,

On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 18:01 +0900, Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> I can't be the first person to think of this, can I? But I couldn't
> locate any reference on this combination. If you know of one, please
> tell me.
>
> Sparse: http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/josh/sparse/
> LLVM: http://llvm.org/

I haven't heard of anyone integrating sparse with llvm, but then I
haven't heard of everything either.

> So, you may expect compile-llvm.c in a few days. :)

What will compile-llvm.c  do?

Reid.