Setting how aggressive the inliner is in 2.1

Setting how aggressive the inliner is in 2.1

Robert Zeh-2
Is there a way to set how aggressive the inliner pass
(createFunctionInliningPass) without going through the command line
interface?

Is there any reason InlineLimit isn't an argument to the
createFunctionInliningPass function?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Setting how aggressive the inliner is in 2.1

Chris Lattner
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Robert Zeh wrote:
> Is there a way to set how aggressive the inliner pass
> (createFunctionInliningPass) without going through the command line
> interface?

Nope.  Well, you could call cl::ParseCommandLine yourself (passing in a
static array) like llvm-gcc does, but other than that "no".

> Is there any reason InlineLimit isn't an argument to the
> createFunctionInliningPass function?

Nope :).  That would be a great enhancement.

Re: Setting how aggressive the inliner is in 2.1

Robert Zeh-2
I think this will do the trick:

Robert

inliner.patch (2K) Download Attachment

On Jan 11, 2008, at 7:43 PM, Robert Zeh wrote:
> I think this will do the trick:

Looks good.  I capitalized 'threshold' and wrapped a long line:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20080107/057129.html

Thanks!